Call for Participation
‘Rethinking Svaraj’, January 15-17, 2015
Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH), Karnataka
The Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH) is organizing a conference titled ‘Rethinking Svaraj’. This three-day conference will commence on the 15th of January. Taking its point of departure from K. C. Bhattacharyya’s lecture ‘Svaraj in Ideas’, the conference aims to explore the concept of self-determination through an ontological rather than a political lens. Several well-known philosophers have consented to speak at this conference. In addition, we will be selecting a set of papers consonant with the aims of the conference. For more information on the conference, please visit the following site.
1. Akeel Bilgrami, Professor of Philosophy, Columbia University, New York (Keynote Speaker)
2. Mrinal Miri, Chairperson, Indian Council for Philosophical Research, Delhi (Inaugural Address)
3. A. Raghuramaraju, Professor of Philosophy, University of Hyderabad
4. V. Sanil, Professor of Philosophy, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
5. Gopal Guru, Professor of Political Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
6. Probal Dasgupta, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
7. Bijoy Boruah, Professor of Philosophy, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
8. Aakash Singh Rathore, International Fellow, Centre for Ethics & Global Politics, Rome
9. Sundar Sarukkai, Professor of Philosophy, Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH)
10. Kanchan Mahadevan, Professor of Philosophy, University of Mumbai
11. Geeta Ramana, Associate Professor of Philosophy, University of Mumbai
12. Kranti Saran, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Ashoka University, Delhi
13. Apaar Kumar, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH)
14. Michael Dusche, Research Associate, Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH)
15. Jonardon Ganeri, Visiting Professor of Philosophy, New York University, Abu Dhabi
We invite applications for participation in this conference. Those interested in participating in the conference should:
1. Complete the attached form
, and send it to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please do not send this form by surface mail. The last date for receipt of this form is December 20, 2014
Note: We can accommodate a limited number of participants. Therefore, some applications may not be accepted.
2. Registration will be processed on the day of arrival. The registration fee is Rs. 2500 for faculty, and Rs. 1500 for students. It covers university accommodation (4 nights), lunch on conference days, a conference folder, and a registration fee. Participants must make their own travel arrangements.
3. Cancellations must be made 10 days prior to the beginning of the conference.