Current Academic Position: Fellow and Faculty
- Ph.D. (Submitted) – Sociology/Gerontology – IIT Gandhinagar
- M.Phil. – Sociology – IIT Bombay (2013)
- M.A. – Sociology – Jadavpur University (2011)
- B.A. Hons. – Sociology – Miranda House, Delhi University (2009)
Areas of Interest, Expertise and Research
Social Gerontology, Family and Kinship Sociology, Marriage Structures, Urban Sociology
- Gangopadhyay, Jagriti and Tannistha Samanta (2017) “Family Matters”: Aging and Intergenerational Social Contract in Urban Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Contributions to Indian Sociology. Sage Publications (forthcoming).
- Gangopadhyay, Jagriti (2016) Aging across worlds: Examining Intergenerational Relationships among older adults in two cities in transition. Aging International. Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12126-016-9271-5
- Samanta, Tannistha and Gangopadhyay, Jagriti (2016) Social capital, interrupted: Sociological reflections from older age homes, Ahmedabad, in Samanta, T (edited). Bridging the Gap: Theory and Research in Social Gerontology, Springer India.
Phone number: (0820)-2923586